Following the successful production of the Redmi K20 and K 20 pro in 2018, Xiaomi has developed the Redmi K30. Redmi K30 has already been launched in China. It is expected to be available in India in early 2020. The android smartphone is an improvement from the previous model –Redmi K20 model. It is unique with superb specifications and comes at a very affordable cost.
Key features of Redmi K30
1. Processing and performance
The device has incredible performance and high processing speed.
- RAM of 8GB.
- Breakneck processing speed –equivalent to a laptop speed. Faster than some laptops
- It enables the user to surf without any delay due to traffic on websites.
- The smartphone can multi-task with high efficiency without any need to reload the various displays.
- Highly suitable for gaming.
- The device has a storage of 64 GB.
- It can accommodate a movie and still not run out of space.
- The storage is expandable. Up to 256 GB.
- The device has excellent 4G and 5G network connectivity.
- This enables it to access the internet at an increased speed.
- 5G model is powered by snapdragon 765G.
- 4G model is powered by snapdragon 730G.
- Dual 5G hence complies with both Standalone (SA) and Non-standalone NSA) modes.
- Redmi K30 has a 6.67-inch display. The display is LCD construction. It has a high resolution of 2400 x 1080.
- This resolution allows you to see clearly and reduces eye struggle when reading small fonts.
- The display can switch between 60 Hz and 120 Hz refresh rate.
- You can opt to use 60 Hz to increase battery life.
- Redmi K30 has a 4500 mAh battery and a 30 W fast-charging system.
- This allows you to take a short time to charge it. This aims to help users fit in their busy schedules, which may require them to use the phone while not charging.
- The battery life is long. About 6 hours of screen-on time.
- It can take only one hour to charge the device to 100%
- The device has a dual selfie (front) camera system –a punch-hole camera.
- The front camera has a 20 MP sensor and a depth sensor. Enjoy selfie to the fullest!
- It has a quad back camera system.
- The system has a 64 MP sensor.
- 2 MP macro detector
- 2 MP depth sensor
- 8 MP ultra-wide-angle shooter.
- Redmi K30 comes with a side-mounted fingerprint reader. The fingerprint reader shares space with the power button.
- The phone has a headphone jack at the bottom.
- Decorated with circles around the camera.
- It has a quite slim bezel on the sides and top.
- The software is Android 10. There is no app drawer, although it can be turned on in settings.
- The MIUI is customizable to a satisfactory level.
- Has Mi Share that allows you to transfer files with other devices quickly (Xiaomi, Vivo, and Oppo devices.
- This is the cheapest device taking into consideration the features. It costs about 230 US dollars (in China)
- It will take a short time to reach other countries –in India just a few weeks!
- Price is subject to vary depending on the market of different countries
Here is the key difference between Redmi K20 and Redmi K30
1. Performance and speed
• Redmi K30 chipset is more powerful –snapdragon 730G, i.e., 5G enabled!
• The 730G snapdragon provides much better graphic performance. The device is superior when it comes to gaming.
- The Redmi K30 has a higher refresh frequency. Up to 120 Hz while Redmi K20 is up to 60 Hz.
- This means that Redmi K30 gives a better display.
- It makes gaming, animations, and videos smoother.
• Redmi K30 has a more superior camera. Its back camera is 64 MP Sony IMX686 sensor along with 8 MP Ultra-wide camera, 5 MP macro camera, and 2 MP depth sensor.
• Redmi K20 has a dual-camera system, which is 48 MP.
• The selfie of Redmi K30 is a dual setup.
• Redmi K30 has improved battery -4500 mAh, while Redmi K20 is 4000 mAh.
• This may not make a significant change in battery life as its super display frequency drains the battery.
There are also some negatives you should know about Redmi K30.
I. Software is hard to use in the west. The device is made to be majorly used in the east of the world. However, the software is customizable; hence it can be customized and used in western countries.
II. The super display drains battery more. Set at 120 Hz means there is a higher charge consumed to maintain such a display refresh frequency. This effect may be diminished by placing it at a rate of 60 Hz.
III. The camera quality is just exceptional. There is a better camera than that of Redmi K30. For example, the Redmi K20 triple camera system is set up such that it can take a photo from a wide-angle and enlarge (zoom) it twice.
IV. The fingerprint sensor is mounted on the side –share location with the power button. This is not pleasant for all people.
All in all, it can be said that Xiaomi has tried to come up with an inexpensive Chinese model smartphone –Redmi K30. It is expected to be the successor of Redmi K20.
The phone is already in the China market, and it is expected to reach other markets within a short time.
This new model is advanced and has factored in many things that the previous didn’t have. These are the features that people want in as the current phones are incorporating competitive software.
The price of Redmi K30 is around $230 and the release date is rumored to be 31st January 2020 in India