Last Updated on
Oppo is a trusted and reputable smartphone manufacturer in the industry, known for its well-designed, high-end, yet highly affordable gadgets. It is no surprise that Oppo is currently the leading smartphone manufacturer in China and ranked fifth globally. Its latest product, the Reno Ace, is a feature-packed, highly-impressive, and performance-oriented machine worth your time and hard-earned money.
The Oppo Reno Ace stands tall among its notable competitors and delivers where it matters most. True to its name, this fantastic device brings no board top-end hardware, including Qualcomm’s latest Plus chip, unrivaled refresh display rate, and arguably the fastest charging time ever witnessed. Whether you are tech-savvy or not, the chances are high you may have heard about the raving reviews about Oppo’s Reno Ace smartphone.
As experts in the industry, we are here to provide you with an honest, extensive, and detailed review of this incredible gadget from Oppo. Peruse the article and get to know.
The Reno Ace Design
Most people don’t consider a phone’s design as an essential feature. Most of us would instead purchase an ugly device with some fantastic specs and cover up the unsightly design with some decorative casing. Though this is quite understandable, you would be better off investing your hard-earned cash on a device that boasts a great design but is performance-oriented as well.
The Reno Ace has a gorgeous, ergonomic, compact design. With a dimension of 161mm by 75mm by 8.7mm and a weight of 200g, this device is impressively lightweight. You can effortlessly carry it in your hand or your pocket and purse.
It has a robust and highly durable aluminum frame that blends reasonably well with the phone’s psychedelic purple and starry blue color schemes. For enhanced durability, the Reno Oppo Ace boasts damage and drop-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 6. The phone’s back has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which is equally long-lasting.
In reality, you can only judge a device’s performance by evaluating its life performance rather than its specs. In this section, let us now see what sets the Oppo Reno Ace apart.
Display and Camera
When it comes to the size of a smartphone, there is a clear trend toward large-screen for both personal and business applications. Perhaps this is because a relatively larger screen allows you to achieve more in regards to usage beyond typical smartphone applications. In case you didn’t know, a smartphone with a screen or display of more than 5.5 inches is considered to have a larger screen.
Oppo Reno Ace brings on board a large screen of 6.5 inches for enhanced usability and prime performance. Phones AMOLED display also comes with a whopping FHD screen resolution of 1,080 by 2400 pixels coupled with a pixel density of 403 pixels per inch or PPI. This only implies that your Oppo Reno Ace can capture high-quality, crisp images and videos. It guarantees users stunning visuals.
In terms of optics, the Ace provides a 48MP designated camera besides 13MP, 8MP, and 2MP lenses. You also get to enjoy a 16MP selfie camera that offers top-notch images. It is also imperative to mention that this camera comes with a low camera aperture of f/1.7 and supports HDR imaging. In simple terms, High Dynamic Range imaging implies that this sturdy smartphone will process photos slightly differently than in normal conditions to ensure it captures greater detail from dark to bright areas in your photo.
Thus with the magical Oppo’s Reno Ace at your disposal, you are on course to enjoying excellent videography and photoshoot. The camera supports Panorama mode, phase detection, digital zooming, auto-focus as well as touch focus.
Oppo Reno release date and price
To own this unique phone, you need to spend Rs. 31,990 or $420. It was launched this year on October 10th.
Oppo Reno Ace Technical Specifications:
When shopping for a brand new smartphone, there are lots of factors you want to consider. Whereas factors such as screen size, camera quality, and design are quite familiar to most of us, there are tons of technical features worth knowing. Today’s smartphones are incredibly complex, implying that there’s a litany of technical jargon that can overwhelm even proven experts like me. In this section, let us examine the Reno’s technical specs.
- Processor or CPU: This is the engine or heartbeat of your phone. The more powerful a device’s processor is, the faster and more responsive the gadget. The Oppo Ace Reno has an incredible Qualcomm Snapdragon 855Plus CPU with a massive speed of 2.95 GHz. Qualcomm is arguably the biggest CPU manufacturers out there, and this particular processor is one of its top-of-the-line products. It only means that this smartphone is a beast when it comes to speed performance.
- GPU: The Reno Ace functions of an equally astounding Qualcomm’s Adreno 640 GPU. The graphics processing unit usually handles a gadget’s visual output, especially where the creation of three-dimensional footage is concerned. Augmented reality applications, as well as video games, are notably some of the things that are likely to benefit from this feature.
- RAM: In computer devices, random access memory stores a device’s essential programs and active operations. When you load a particular program on your phone, exit, and move to another application, the previous application is stored in your smartphone’s RAM. This means that when you use the app a second time, its content remains loaded to ensure you can access it relatively faster. In this respect, having more RAM is critical for multitasking because it ensures your phone can support multiple operations simultaneously. Oppo Reno Ace brings on board an 8 GB RAM that guarantees prime performance. It is a phone you can feel proud of having in your hands.
- ROM: Usually referred to as storage, this is the amount of space available for you to store your media and files. This device comes with a storage space of 128GB, which is a huge room to keep your files and other types of data, such as applications and games. However, it is imperative to note that this phone doesn’t have expandable memory, and you’ll have to make good use of the available storage.
- Operating System: This amazing smartphone functions on the newest android version, referred to as Android Pie. This OS introduces some of the coolest features and tricks that will surely transform the way you use your Oppo Reno Ace smartphone. Some of these improvements include adaptive battery and brightness, improved security features, digital wellbeing, new accessibility menu, new screenshot shortcut, seamless screen rotation, as well as sound and volume improvements, among other things.
- Connectivity: The capabilities of mobile computing devices continue to increase, and enhanced connectivity has become a great feature that both middle-tier and high-end mobile gadgets must possess. This smartphone is a highly versatile device in terms of connectivity. To be more precise, it supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot, GPS, Dual SIM, and VoLTE, USB, and subsequently supports a variety of networks, including 4G, 3G, and 2G. The device supports Nano-SIM cards.
- Sensors: The phone features a high-end Exmor-RS CMOS sensor that excellently performs the digital signal conversion and two-step sound elimination. What’s more, this type of sensor allows the phone’s camera to record high definition videos. Other sensors that the phone uses include the gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, compass sensor as well as a fingerprint sensor.
- Flash: It has a Dual LED Flash, which is ideal for photography. If you didn’t know, a dual-LED flash emits as twice as much light as its single LED flash counterpart. It also draws as much power and is among the best flash available in high-end smartphones.
Battery Power and Performance
Battery performance in terms of charge time and longevity is another essential factor you would want to take into account when purchasing a battery-powered device. As discussed earlier, the Oppo Ace Reno boasts incredibly higher computing capabilities. And with sophisticated computing functionalities come hiked power requirements brought about by resource-intensive software and hardware specifications.
You would agree with me that one of Oppo Ace’s strong selling points is its headline feature of the fastest charging smartphone ever witnessed. Also referred to as quick charge solely based on the proprietary technology of Qualcomm, this smartphone features Oppo’s Super 65W VOOC 2.0 fast-charging device.
It is worth to mention that the Super VOOC is an advanced technology that employs the use of a dual-cell design to allow the battery to attain optimum charging speeds at relatively higher currents without necessarily overheating. It can charge this phone’s huge and powerful 4,000mAh lithium-ion battery in less than thirty minutes. Of course, this puts it ahead of all other competing battery charging technologies in the market, such as SuperCharge of Huawei and Motorola’s Turbocharging.
A fast-charging battery has lots of benefits. It helps improve both the mobility and usability of the Oppo’s Reno Ace mobile phone.
The technology makes charging fairly more convenient by reducing the amount of time needed for the battery to acquire a substantial amount of power. This implies that you can always use the phone without having to worry much about power getting drained.
Audio and loudspeaker Quality
Sound quality is another great feature you would get from a high-end smartphone such as the Oppo Ace, especially if you love mobile gaming. This smartphone comes equipped with dual speakers that support Atmos Dolby’s panoramic sound technology.
This sound technology not only enhances the speaker system’s volume and overall sound quality but also creates a magically broad sound stage and immersive listening experience.
Regarding loudspeakers, the Ace boasts a stereo speaker configuration and has a powerful primary speaker at its bottom end with the earpiece serving as a channel in the stereo pair. In general, the Ace Reno is among the loudest smartphones you will ever find. Regardless, it sounds clear and clean at full throng and has incredibly nice output across the entire frequency range.
You also get a 3.5 mm headphone jack for enhanced sound quality. And because the phone’s top speaker has large openings, one can enjoy quality sound feedback even if he/she blocks the bottom speaker while holding the phone horizontally.
This is great news for those who love playing games on their smartphones as well as those who listen to music outdoors. A great showing, overall!
In terms of gaming performance, it is crucial to note that the Reno has the so-called Game-Boost 2.0 technology that dramatically enhances touch performance and frame-count stability. In this context, the dual wi-Fi technology also proves handy, as it helps to ensure the available network remains as stable as possible.
The cooling system technology
Fast charging works by increasing the amount of voltage flowing to the battery. A greater voltage or higher currents will, therefore, result in increased internal heat. So how does Oppo’s Ace Reno tackles this problem?
Because overheating can potentially cause specific damages to internal parts of these smart devices, Oppo has adopted an effective cooling system known as Ice Carbon Constant Cooling on the Ace.
This cooling system features a new composite carbon fiber material which is more than three times more thermally effective compared to silicone.
This supports optimal cooling, ensuring your new phone will never experience any form of component damage caused by overheating.
- Amazing design and high-quality build materials.
- Produces superb imagery in both bright light and low light settings.
- Optimal battery life.
- Unrivaled charging time of thirty minutes.
- Incredibly stable portrait modes front and back.
- Powerful processor ideal for 3D gaming and large storage capacity.
- Superb quality sound thanks to its stereo speakers.
- Large screen size for enhanced viewing.
- Relatively affordable yet feature-packed for prime performance.
- The battery is non-removable.
- Internal storage is not expandable.
- Color OS is not so great.
This latest smartphone by Oppo is a great device and most of us can’t wait to get our hands on it. Despite its relatively cheaper price tag, the Reno is a performance-oriented machine that comes filled with nearly countless highly advanced features.
Even though its main talking point is the staggeringly fast charging time, it does offer equally interesting perks including a powerful processor, huge storage capacity, astounding camera features, and sturdy design.
It is a nearly flawless smartphone and at this price point, it represents great value.